Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Tracy Dimond

IN WHICH RESOLVE IS MADE TO ACT

Take on some inner peace.
Uninstall three applications today.

Shake in bones after two cat-calls.
Their thoughts shape your route.

Travel through the minds of strangers.
Experience living in a body.

When in public, I am not public property.
The winter chills every new outfit.

There is something else I should be doing.
This resume won’t update itself.

Perform the actions of creation.
Find fire in the heart of my computer.

What else could I want?
Birthday sex is one of my greatest accomplishments.

There is a fear of gradient that shades memory.
The ball has dropped on making nice.

I’m going to wear leggings
until strangers stop saying be careful out there.


* * *
Tracy Dimond co-curates Ink Press Productions. Her latest chapbook, I Want Your Tan, was released in May by Ink Press. She is also the author of Grind My Bones Into Glitter, Then Swim Through The Shimmer (NAP 2014) and Sorry I Wrote So Many Sad Poems Today (Ink Press 2013), winner of Baltimore City Paper’s Best Chapbook. Her poems have recently appeared or are forthcoming in The Nervous Breakdown, Fact-Simile, Barrelhouse, Pinwheel, Sink Review, and other places. Find her online at tracydimond.tumblr.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment