Monday, April 27, 2015

I35 Creativity Corridor: Mary Kasimor, Minneapolis, MN, April 27

I35 Bridge


the great wilderness

water voices are         gods in: the             faucet
fan   s sing about        lone  ly water     and emotional 
wandering/s 
mention time: 
                             sometimes                           it’s slow      just like god
this way                  wisdom                     listens to love
through windows
I’ve heard             rivers running              in fur
s       and feathers aren           
’t pretty 
the great wilder      ness returns           to report 
without an         iron      y of style or        personal 
nudity         the              door is     n  ever       closed 
the             voices can’t under             
stand why:
the door           joined             the committee 
with no chance      for a        revolt   
ution  just pretty 
words in the          water       plastic violets in       
vase          (ironic nature                     or lack
 of)              old time          religion             
recites       
with loud red
raspberries           person     ally (I)       wasn’t there  
under        the trees I lie                      
with my true 
love          I mate with                    my     self  for life 
the water wheel             tells me     (the   ) truth
hidin      g the watery          
sounds: the              fan
is a delus       ion          god is no             t watery
I close the             door       

with profound          
wisdom       17 cic a das are let      
free 
I hav e       no words to    confess



all night the egg         

the snow                     melts 
              all night      rotating 
the moon        shifting on      
               its white 
back      the whale     moves in       
the water   
        I want to                    talk to 
my heart       the egg            says 
         good    bye       to the absent white 
    walls in       a dark             field
I dream        about you           
and you 
          tell the voice        what to think
    the loss         disturbing    the sheets      
         un      wrapping     
me where 
you             are now        
                          is not
         a question     
I have moved            
                               away   
       from the   door              you will
 be on the other     side      I will think 
        you are                a   
deer’s thoughts     
                         at night 
wrapping your skin         around me    
once 
I wanted to       vanish         at 4:30 in 
     a lost night         you      wouldn’t come   
          home the baby                  
                                    cried        
    despite his     perfection    I hid him 
         in the trees of      the house   
pages 
of the book    held   my voice       
                                      the tree 
doesn’t know me          
it is     grown up
I never       want to be            90 years 
     old looking      at my reflection    
with 
the    knowledge      of your      disappearance     
     when I’ve      made    myself 
into       
rain




Mary Kasimor has been published in Yew Journal, Big Bridge, MadHat, Horse Less ReviewWord For/Word,  PositEOAGH, and The Missing SlateHer most recent book of poetry is entitled The Landfill Dancers (BlazeVox 2014). Her poetry reviews have appeared in Big BridgeJacketGently Read Literature and Galatea Resurrects.



No comments:

Post a Comment